Dear NIRI-SV Member,
On behalf of the NIRI Silicon Valley Board of Directors, I would like to extend a warm welcome as we begin our new year. To our 200 members, we are looking forward to seeing you! If you aren't a member today, we hope you will join us.
Our theme this year is "Stand Out." Our objective at NIRI SV is to help you Stand Out as an investor relations professional. Our aim is to help each of you:
In addition to development and networking, NIRI SV also offers various services to the membership, including a mentor program for those newer to IR, and job bank services. For those interested in getting more Your Board has put together a full schedule of educational and networking events designed to help you stand out in all these respects.
- Become the expert and go-to person at your company for all investor issues,
- Think of new ways to help your company stand out with analysts and investors during these volatile times.
- Differentiate yourself in an ever-increasing competitive market.
- We're kicking off the new season tomorrow with our Annual "Lobster Palooza". If you haven't registered you can register at the door so please do stop by and join us for a great event and opportunity to catch up with your friends and peers.
- Following the Lobster Palooza, we will have a chapter event each month through June 2013. Our calendar of events is included in the link below.
- Our award-winning Annual Seminar will be held on March 8, 2013 -- a whole day filled with exciting expert speakers across many topics - please hold the date on your calendar.
- We are building on the round table sessions from last year. This year, we will have 2 sessions during the year - one set focused by cap size (private/pre-IPO company, small/mid cap, large/mega cap), another focused by level (new, mid and senior IR professionals).
- We wrap up the year in June 2013, with our Third Annual Golf event.
In addition to development and networking, NIRI SV also offers various services to the membership, including a mentor program for those newer to IR, and job bank services. For those interested in getting more involved with NIRI SV, please join our volunteer program. Our volunteers provide invaluable assistance as we execute our program schedule.
If there is anything you would like to see on the schedule or if you have feedback on what we could do better, we would love to hear from you. To reinforce this, after each event, we will ask for your candid feedback. For every survey you complete, your name will be entered to win one of a few $500+ prizes at the end of the year.
We have another exciting year ahead and look forward to seeing you soon.
Let's make this a Stand Out year!